This interview originally appeared on Monitor Mondays. You can find the full podcast here.
Custodial admissions are problematic for hospitals under normal circumstances. But now, incredible demands placed upon facilities by COVID-19 create even more challenges, as you’ll learn during the next edition of Monitor Mondays – when Juliet Ugarte Hopkins, MD, will return to the broadcast as its special guest to report on the issues that are hampering efforts to keep hospital beds open for the patients who require care for their medical conditions.
Other segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, a partner in the Potomac Law Group, files the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- SDoH Report: Ellen Fink-Samnick, a nationally recognized expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), reports on the news that’s happening at the intersection of COVID-19 and SdoH. Ellen will also conduct the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- Legislative Update: Former CMS official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, reports on the status of healthcare legislation associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrickson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, in which he reports on the impact of COVID-19 on America’s teaching hospitals.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, makes his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- COVID Q&A: Navigating COVID-19 guidance continues to be a major challenge for healthcare professionals – and that is why Monitor Mondays will devote additional time during the live broadcast to answer your questions. The COVID-19 Q&A is sponsored by Curation Health.